Thinking about Xbox One Controller to charge with Phone Charger? If yes then here I’ve answered everything to keep on mind before doing that.
So Can You Charge an Xbox One Controller with Phone Charger?
Yes! You can charge the Xbox One Controller with a Phone Charger. If your Xbox has rechargeable batteries, then you can quickly charge the controller with the phone or wall mount charger, here you need to make sure one thing that the cable which you will use should be a micro-USB cable and this will charge the batteries, and you can play after it.
It just turns on the controller, and as soon as you unplug it, the controller gets turned off. The phone charger with micro USB works as a power supplier to Xbox one and does not charge the battery.
This happens because the controller does not have a circuit for charging, so even if you plug it in with the phone charger, it won’t charge the batteries, and it’ll only power the Xbox One.
Best Ways to Charge Your Xbox One Controller
There are multiple ways to charge your Xbox one. They are:
- Microsoft Play N Charge Kit : If you want an authentic way of charging the Xbox one Controller, the search has ended, and go with the official charging kit, which guarantees up to 30-40 hours of use on charging 4 hours.
- Batteries: AA batteries, the original method of powering your Xbox controller, will never fail you. Double-A batteries only last a few hours and must be replaced when they run out.
- Rechargeable Battery Pack: If you want an authentic way of charging the Xbox one Controller, the search has ended, and go with the official charging kit, which guarantees up to 30-40 hours of use on charging 4 hours.
If you have any confusion about Xbox Batteries then you can check out this post.
Disadvantages of Charging Xbox One Controllers with Phone Charger
Slow charging: Charging your Xbox One controller with a phone charger can be very frustrating for impatient people because the phone charger will slowly charge the Xbox one since it can take up to 5-6 hours.
Now, you must be thinking of why not to use a fast charger but let me clarify. Using a fast charger can damage the controller internally. In a few cases, the Xbox starts emitting a burning smell and no longer works for those people.
The main requirement for charging using a phone charger is Micro USB, which won’t charge the controller.
Can You Charge Your Xbox One Controller with a Phone Charger for Lifetime?
Rather than saying lifetime, you can say that we can charge the Xbox one controller at regular intervals.
Because all three components on which we are talking, i.e., The Xbox controller, Charger, Batteries, all have a life span so using, the rechargeable batteries have a span of 2-7 years later you might have replaced it, the charger may wear out after a few years, and you might have to replace it.
Any product, including rechargeable batteries, will last longer if they are correctly cared for and maintained.
In short, you can charge the Xbox One Controller with a Phone Charger for a Lifetime by replacing the charger after the old one gets worn out.
What type of Charger charges an Xbox Controller?
There are two primary charges, one which comes with the Xbox; the other is the phone charger.
- Xbox charging kit – Xbox series controllers use the replaceable AA batteries by default. The equipment which comes with it includes a rechargeable battery with USB-C charging cable. If you don’t want to swap the batteries repeatedly, you would prefer this method where you need to recharge your controller. In my experience, these kits are worth the cost.
- Mobile Charger: We have entirely described how you can use a Phone Charger to charge your Xbox One Controller, but the only catch is that you need to make sure the cable used is USB-C, the same one used in the Charging kit.
Hope! You liked the article, and let us know if you have charged your Xbox One Controller with a mobile charger or not.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?