We often think of playing music in the background while streaming on Xbox for a smooth and relaxed experience.
Viewers also like having some music in the background. It also positively impacts people’s minds. Also, we play a bit better with little music.
But Can You Play Music While Streaming on Xbox?
No! You can’t play music while streaming on the Xbox. The developers of Xbox don’t allow to play songs while streaming because of Copyright issues. But you can use any External music player to have excellent background music.
So it is illegal to play songs or music while streaming on Xbox, but an External system is an excellent option if you want to play music.
Why You Can Not Play Music While Streaming on Xbox?
You cannot play music directly while streaming on Xbox; a pass-through streaming PC or an external music player can be used to play music. It is not recommended, as playing music while streaming without permission is illegal.
Xbox developers highly moderate the soundtrack and don’t allow any copyright issues.
Note: Using other people’s content (music) in any commercial way without any right to the original content means you are breaking the law. If you are playing music on Xbox One while streaming is illegal, that’s Why You Can Not Play Music While Streaming on Xbox.
How to Play Music in the Background on Xbox while Streaming?
While lying on the couch, you can play music in the background using Xbox One. Microsoft allows users to play music in the background. All credits go to the update released of the 8th-gen gaming console.
Whether you want to listen to your favorite music, podcast, or album, we have developed a step-by-step process on How to Play Music in the Background on Xbox while Streaming.
- Go to the Microsoft Store by turning on your Xbox One game console.
- Now you need to download the app which offers audio or music streaming options, i.e. Spotify, Groove (Premium), iHeartRadio, Pandora (Free), Simple Background Music Player, and VLC (Free).
- After selecting the music stream app, you need to launch it and select the audio you’d like to play. And you are ready to go!
How to Play Music at an Xbox Party?
Following are the steps to play music on Xbox Party:
- Step 1: First of all, create a new account through Xbox Live, which will be used to play music while you’re at the party with your mate. After creating the account, verify it.
- Step 2: After the above step, sign in to the Xbox app, and now go to https://vb-audio.com/ > Audio Apps > Virtual Audio Cable and download & install the drivers.
- Step 3: After extracting the files in a specific folder, select the VBCABLE_Setup_x64.exe file and run as administrator.
- Step 4: After installation, head to the Xbox app, go to the setting right where “speakers” appear, change it to Cable Input (VB-Audio Virtual Cable), and the same setting for the microphone, change it to Cable Output (VB-Audio Virtual Cable).
- Step 5: Now head towards your computer sound setting and select the output device “Cable Input (VB-Audio Virtual Cable)” and for microphone Cable Output (VB-Audio Virtual Cable).
These steps create a loop, which means any sound from the computer goes back through the mic well. The Xbox app is looking for a mic to capture audio.
So if you play anything on your computer, the microphone will capture it and send it back to your input of earphones or headphones.
Note: Even though the trick works pretty well as it worked for me, the end sound quality which the microphone captures degrades relative to the original Audio.
Can You Play Spotify on Xbox while Streaming?
Yes! Spotify is available on the Xbox One, as per Microsoft. You can now stream Spotify in the background while playing your favorite game and listening to your favorite music. You can also control the app using Spotify Connect on tablets, laptops, or phones.
How to Play Spotify on Xbox while Streaming?
- First, power on your Xbox One gaming console and visit Microsoft Store.
- Now from the Xbox Store, download and install the “Spotify Music – for Xbox” app on your Xbox One.
- After login into your Spotify account (If you don’t have an account, create a new one).
- Launch the Spotify app on your smartphone, laptop, or tablet, and now select the song you wish to play.
So I hope you like this post and clear every doubt about music on Xbox. If you have any questions or suggestions, please feel free to share them with us. For more posts, stay connected with us.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?