Xbox has added a new feature that allows users to pre-order gaming sets. Xbox Preorders is a strategy by Xbox that will enable you to order Xbox games well before the specified delivery date.
For example, if your Xbox game is scheduled to arrive on August 10, you can request that it be sent by May 11.
Now let’s see how you can do the same and cancel your pre-order Xbox.
Can You Cancel A Pre-Order Xbox?
Just like Xbox offers a Pre-Order facility to its users, it also allows them to cancel their Pre-Orders. Individuals can cancel Pre-Orders up to 10 days before the launch of the game.
When the cancellation is performed, you will be billed. After that, you will have to request a refund for the cancellation to take place.
How To Cancel A Pre-Order On Xbox?
There are two primary ways to cancel a Pre-Order on Xbox:
- Cancel from the Xbox Account
- Cancel from the Support Page
1. Cancel from Xbox Account
- Access your Microsoft account by going to the Xbox Website on your smartphone or computer.
- You’ll find a “Microsoft Access Account” option on the right side of the screen.
- You will be led to “Log In” to your account once you hit the Microsoft account.
- To properly log in, provide the essential information, such as “E-mail” and “Password.”
- When you’re logged in, click the “See All” link next to the most recent transaction.
- All of your recent purchases may be found under this option. To cancel a “Game Order,” go to the bottom of the page and scroll down.
- Click the “Cancel” button, and the game order will be deleted from your list of preorders.
A full refund will be initiated if you have been charged for the game. Once the cancellation process has been successful, an email confirmation will be sent to the affiliated email account of the user.
If you face any problems during the cancellation procedure, you can select the live chat option to seek guidance from the Xbox team.
Still, if there is any problem owing to the confirmation email, you can contact the Microsoft Support Team for further assistance.
2. Cancel from Xbox Support Page
- Visit the Xbox Support Site.
- Choose “Billing” as the sort of problem you’re having in the “Issues” section.
- Following that, you must do the procedures outlined on the screen to access the “Choose an Access Method” section.
- Choose “Chat with Xbox Support” from the list of choices in this menu.
- If you haven’t done so, fill in your first and last names and e-mail addresses in the box provided.
- Then, in the description box given to you, you must explain your problem clearly.
- Inform the agent that you have placed a preorder for a game on the Store and would like to cancel it right now.
- The Microsoft personnel will ask you specific questions, and you must respond to them. It will support the representatives in confirming your identification.
- It may ask for your e-mail account and certain security questions among the information needed.
- After this, enable the person to assess your service request and walk you through the refund process.
If the purchase has been made via the Microsoft Store Credit, they will be charged immediately after placing the order.
On the other hand, a debit or credit card purchase is charged ten days after the order has been placed.
Can you cancel digital Pre Orders on Xbox?
If you change your opinion, you may cancel your preorder 10 – 14 days before the game’s release date.
Digital preorders are automatically debited; therefore, you must guarantee that you obtain a refund well before the time limit expires.
When the cancellation procedure is complete, you will get an email with a confirmation.
Can you cancel a refund request on Xbox?
On Xbox, users can reject the full refund. Respond to the verification email or the most recent email you got regarding your refund request to check the progress of your request or to offer more information during the process. The refund may be canceled, or you may get a refund.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?