This is a very common glitch we have all encountered at some point while surfing the browser. Domain Name Servers (DNS) probe finished no internet or Dns_Probe_Finished_No_Internet generally arises when the DNS cache fails to load the webpage from the servers due to lack of proper connectivity or any other browser-related problems.
In this article, we have listed the possible methods to fix the issue.
Use Command Prompt:
- Step 1: Click on the Start menu and search “CMT” to open Command Prompt.
- Step 2: As the CMT window opens, type “netsh Winsock reset” and press Enter.
- Step 3: The command prompt will ask you to restart your computer.
- Step 4: Restart your computer and open your browser. The browser should be working fine after this.
Change DNS protocol settings:
- Step 1: Click on the Start Menu and open the Control Panel.
- Step 2: Open Network and Sharing Centre.
- Step 3: Then click on Change Adapter Settings on the left side of the screen.
- Step 4: Then a window will open where you can find your primary internet connection either Ethernet or WI-Fi. Left-click on it and select Properties.
- Step 5: A pop-up window will appear, there select Internet Protocol Version 4(TCP/IPv4) and click Properties.
- Step 6: A pop-up window will appear again, there click on “Use the following DNS address”
The preferred DNS server is 220.127.116.11
The alternate DNS server is 18.104.22.168
- Step 7: Select Enable settings upon exit and click OK.
This might fix your problem.
Updating the Driver Software:
By updating the driver software also the problem gets fixed sometimes. We will guide you through some simple steps.
- Step 1: Click on the Start menu and search for Device Manager.
- Step 2: A list of drivers will appear after opening it from there click on Network Adaptors.
- Step 3: A drop menu will appear showing your network adaptor, left-click on it, and select “Update Driver Software”.
- Step 4: Select “Browse my computer for driver software”, then select the desired place where you want to install it and click ok.
- Step 5: After installing the software, Restart your Computer.
Other simple steps can also be tried like:
- Clear the history, cookies, and cache files from the browser.
- Restarting the Router and MODEM.
- Removing all unnecessary extensions from browsers, etc.
Hope all these will help you in fixing the problem. For more help of your daily Internet issues stay connected with us.