If you are an iPhone user and use the iPhone face ID, then one message will constantly appear in front of you, which is the iPhone Face ID saying Move Phone Higher/ Lower.
I have faced the same issue, but finally, I’ve resolved this problem, so here I’ll explain to you what this problem? And how can you fix this issue?
So, let’s fix it.
Why Face ID Keeps Saying Move iPhone Higher/Lower?
“Face ID” keeps saying to move the phone higher/ lower; this message first appeared in 2017, and after some IOS updates, this issue was fixed. But if you are using the iPhone X – 11 devices, this problem can occur within your device.
Let’s check out the reasons why this problem mainly appears.
1. Software Problems
This message can pop up because of your software problem, if your device’s software becomes very old, then this message can irritate you, and in that case, you have to update your software.
2. Hardware Problems
If your device software is working correctly, then you have to check out the hardware issues. Yes, your device’s hardware can display you the same messages.
3. Front Facing Sensor
If your device faces some other essential issues like- Infrared camera, Ambient Light sensor, Dot projector, Flood Illuminator, your device can pop up with the same message.
4. Screen Replacing
If you have recently replaced the screen of your iPhone, then the issue can be caused by pins that connect the earpiece to the motherboard.
In this case, if you have to contact the store that replaced the screen and ask them to check if the pins are correctly connected or not.
These are some of the major causes of this problem in your iPhone device. Here I have explained how to fix this issue?
How to Fix Face ID Keeps Saying Move iPhone Higher/Lower?
These are several ways to fix this problem, and before fixing the problem, you have to figure out what is the problem is, so check the problem one by one:
Method 1: Update Your Device
This is the first method and in this method, update your device if any update is available because updating your device can fix everything.
To update your device:
- Go to the settings → General → software Update.
- Now Download the Update if it is available.
- And once the update is downloaded, you have to install it.
Method 2: Restart Your Device
This is the 2nd method and in this method, restart your iPhone, and after restarting the iPhone, this popup will stop.
To Restart your device:
- Press and hold the volume up or volume down button and the side button and wait for the power off slider.
- Now, drag the slider until your iPhone turns off.
- And after some time, turn on your device.
- And once your iPhone restarts, try using the Face ID.
Method 3: Reset the Face ID
To reset your Face ID follow the steps
- Go to the Settings → Face ID & Passcode and select reset Face ID.
- After that, select Set Up Face ID and set it up again.
Method 4: Factory Reset
If none of the solutions works for you, then the factory reset is the final solution. To perform this:
- Go to the settings option → General.
- Scroll Down and tap on the reset option
- Now tap erase all content and settings.
- Tap erase now and enter your password(not needed every time)
- Tap erase iPhone again to confirm.
- Enter your Apple credentials if required, and tap erase.
After following all these steps, simply check that the message will stop popping up in front of you.
Hope the Face ID issue is now vanished. If not you can check some more thoughts about this topic from here. Also you can contact with Apple service provider.
If you have any questions or suggestions please don’t hesitate to inform me as I’m always ready to help you. And for more posts stay connected with us.