Discord is a very popular messaging application among gamers. If you are passionate about gaming, then you can also build your own gaming community using discord. This application gives you the opportunity to chat with your friends while gaming.
Using discord, you can customize your profile, integrate your own chatbot into discord, and turn off notifications and things like that. The possibilities to customize using discord are endless.
In this article, I am going to discuss two things. First, how you can add someone to the discord using their tag, and second I am gonna discuss, how you can add someone to discord without using their tag or number. So without any further delay let’s dive into our topic.
How to add someone to Discord Using their Tag or Number?
If you want to add a friend to your discord, then you need to know their tag number. If you are thinking that what a tag number really is, then the tag number is a unique identification code. The user name that you provide at the time of account creation discord adds a “#” along with four digits and this is known as a tag or a number.
Unless you are not aware of someone’s tag, you can’t really add them to your discord. But there is a way around this constraint. Below I am going to show you the only way to add someone to your discord without knowing their tag number. You can find your own tag right beside your profile name.
Click on your profile avatar and under your name it will show your ID. If you want to know the tag number of a friend, then you need to go to your friend list and click on the profile of your friends and you can see their tag number from there very easily. Example:- Daniel#2856.
How to Find Someone on Discord Without a Tag or Number?
Here I am going to discuss the steps that you need to follow to add someone to your discord without even knowing their tag. Follow the steps mentioned below to add someone to your discord without their tag. You can apply this trick only from mobile so you need to have a discord application installed on your android or iOS device.
- First, you need to open the discord application on your smartphone.
- Now you need to click on the “burger icon” or the “menu icon” at the top left corner of your screen.
- Now after opening the app, you need to click on the friend’s option at the bottom of your screen.
- Then you need to click on the “add friend” icon at the top right corner of your screen.
- Then a search bar will appear which will ask for the user tag. Instead of entering a user tag, choose the option that says “Nearby Scan”.
- You also need to tell your friend to follow this same process and turn his/her “Nearby Share” on.
- After turning “Nearby Share” on your mobile device, you can ask for permissions such as Bluetooth, wifi, and location. You need to grant all these permission requests.
One thing to keep in mind is that you need to maintain a minimum of 30 feet of distance for the person you want to add. A distance greater than this is useless for this feature.
When this feature will detect a user that particular user will pop up on your screen and you will see a “Send” option right beside their profile you need to click on this button and your friend on the other side will accept the request and you will be friends with each other without knowing your tag numbers.
This is the only way to add someone to your discord without knowing their tag. If they are at a distance from you and you don’t know their tag, then you can’t add them to your discord. I really hope that this article helps you with your problem. This will help you to add a friend to your friend list without knowing their user tag.