Do you have the issue of HyperX Cloud 2 Mic Not Working on Windows 10? If yes, you are reading the best article; we have explained this matter in the step-by-step guide, so to fix this issue, you have to read this post till the end and try which method is working for you.
HyperX Cloud 2 headset is a very popular headset among gamers and also among those who love to watch movies or web series on popular OTT platforms. The headset provides sharp and crisp audio quality and comes with a 7.1 virtual surround sound effect. This provides a HIFI audio experience for gamers who love to play intensive games on their laptop or PC.
Many users have complained that their headset has stopped working after they upgraded their operating system to Windows 10. There could be many reasons behind the fact that the microphone of this particular headphone has stopped working. This may happen due to some connection issues or there may be something wrong with your audio driver.
So in this article, first we are gonna take a look at the reason why the mic has stopped working, and then I will be discussing 4 effective ways which you can implement in order to solve this problem.
Reasons Why the HyperX Cloud Mic is not working
The main reason the mic of your headset isn’t working could be the fault of HyperX cloud II drivers. Often users solve their problem by simply uninstalling and then reinstalling the HyperX Cloud II drivers. Sometimes this error may be occurring due to a faulty or outdated audio driver on your computer. Also, you may face this issue if you have a faulty USB port or the headset isn’t connected to the computer properly.
We have discussed the issues that can be the root of this problem. Now, we will look at some ways in which you can fix this issue. So, I am going to discuss 4 effective ways that will surely help you solve this issue.
How to Fix HyperX Cloud 2 Mic Not Working on Windows 10
Solution 1: Update HyperX Cloud II Mic Driver and Windows 10 Drivers
Sometimes you just need to simply update the driver of your headset or update the audio driver of your computer. This technique could easily solve many issues by keeping your drivers up to date. Modern devices often give an error if they are running on an old/faulty driver.
There are two ways you can update a driver on your computer. 1. Manually 2. Automatically. First, I am going to talk about the steps that you can follow to manually update the drivers on your computer.
Follow these steps to manually update the audio driver on your PC:
- Press the Windows+r key to open RUN.
- Then type devmgmt.msc and then hit the enter button.
- This command will open the device manager and under the Device Manager, you have to look for an option called “Sound, video and game controllers”.
- Select this option and under this option, you will see your audio driver named something like “HyperX Cloud 2 mic”.
- Right-click on this option and you will see a window where you will see an option called update.
- Simply click on Update, then your PC will start updating that particular driver. After the update, restart your PC to reflect the changes that have just been made.
Follow these steps to automatically update the audio driver on your PC:
There are many applications out there in the open market which you can install and they will help you update each and every single driver on your PC. However, I will recommend 2 applications that I have tested personally on many occasions. One is called “Drivereasy” and another one is “DriverBooster”.
These two applications give you a complete list of drivers that need to be updated. You can choose a single driver to update or you can update all the drivers at once. This way, you can easily resolve the issue with your HyperX cloud II Mic. if this doesn’t work, then I would suggest you try the next method on this list.
Solution 2: Set The HyperX Cloud II Microphone as your Default Device
Sometimes we unintentionally muted or disabled the mix of our headsets. Also, sometimes we forget to set it as the default device for the audio output. You need to follow the steps mentioned below to set your HyperX mic as your default microphone.
- Right-click on the speaker icon at the bottom of your taskbar.
- Then, select the option called “Recording device” from the list of options.
- You will see a window open and right-click on the blank space in this window and click the option Show Disabled Devices.
- Select the HyperX Cloud II headset and click on “Enable”.
- Then again, select the HyperX Cloud II headset and click on the option called “Set as Default Device”.
- Then, at last, click on the option called “apply” and then click on “ok” to exit from that window.
Solution 3: Check Your Cable Connections
The mic on your HyperX Cloud II headset won’t work properly if it is muted or not connected properly. It is very unlikely that any physical connection is the main problem, but I think you should check this problem from every aspect. For me or most people like me, they often forget to unmute their microphones and start thinking that there is something wrong with their microphones.
First, I will recommend you check the connection of your headset. If you are using a USB switch selector, then make sure that you haven’t pressed the mute button accidentally. You can also try plugging the USB into another USB port because sometimes USB ports become loose and hence causing all sorts of problems.
Solution 4: Run Audio Troubleshooter on Windows 10
In Windows 10 if you are facing any kind of audio-related issue then you can use the troubleshooter for the audio device to find the root of the problem. 8 out of 10 times this will fix the issue of the Hyperx Cloud II mic not working issue. To use this troubleshooter you need to follow the steps mentioned below.
- Press the Windows button and at the very left you will see a gear icon, click on this particular icon. The settings window will open.
- After opening the setting goes into the last option called “Update and Security”.
- In that “Update and security” window at the left of your screen, you will see an option called troubleshooter.
- Bow, click on Playing Audio, and then Run the troubleshooter.
- This can solve the HyperX Cloud II mic not working issue.
I hope that this article helps you get all your answers. If you still have some doubts you can ask them in the comment section below. We will get back to you as soon as we can. For more tech-related articles, stay connected with our website. We post daily articles on tech and tech-related things on this webpage.
- One or More Audio Service isn’t Running [Fixed]
- What is Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-interface and How to Solve?
- Logitech G930 Keeps Disconnecting and Reconnecting
- Fixed: Steam Content File Locked