Are you facing Logitech G930 Keeps Disconnecting and Reconnecting issue? If yes then here we have a full guide on how to fix or solve this error and continue your non-stop entertainment.
Windows comes with many issues, like every other major operating system. These issues can range from very easy to very complex. On the other hand, Logitech is a very popular brand that supplies gaming peripherals at a very affordable range. Logitech is a very popular brand among games and they provide everything from gaming keyboards to gaming headsets.
Logitech G930 is a very popular gaming headset that gamers love to use because it is very comfortable for long-term usage. Many users have reported that their G930 gaming headset keeps reconnecting and disconnecting. This is very irritating and at the same time, it ruins your whole gaming experience.
So today in this article, first I am going to tell you why this headset keeps connecting and disconnecting, and second I am gonna discuss 6 methods that will help you resolve this issue. So let’s discuss the issues that might cause this particular problem.
What is the cause for the Logitech G930 headset keeps disconnecting and reconnecting?
It is very annoying that after every 10 to 15 minutes your Logitech G930 gaming headset keeps connecting and disconnecting. This can easily ruin your gameplay and even ruin your mood of playing that particular game. If you are wondering what is the cause of this problem, then I will mention some of the causes that can be the root of this problem.
- If you have multiple wireless devices around that are connected to WIFI or if you have any Bluetooth-enabled devices near your headphones, then they can interfere with the frequency of your headset. resulting in this particular error.
- As per many reports and articles that stated that only the USB power is not enough for this headset and power shortage may cause the Bluetooth receivers to work very inconveniently.
- Old or corrupted drivers for your Logitech G930 gaming headset.
The solution to Fix Logitech G390 Gaming Headset Keeps Disconnecting on Windows 10 –
Solution 1:- Plug the Logitech G390 Gaming Headset into a USB 2.0 Port
The first thing that you should do when you encounter this kind of error is that you need to plug the USB of the headset into a USB 2.0 port. If your headset is connected to a USB 3.0 port, then you need to unplug it. Before plugging it into a 2.0 port, you need to check that your headset is fully charged and turned on. After checking this, you can plug your headset into a USB 2.0 port.
Solution 2: Update Logitech G930 Drivers
The issue might be happening because of a faulty driver or because the current driver is very outdated. In both of these cases, you need to update the drivers for the headset. There are mainly two ways to update a driver. 1. Manually 2. Automatically. First, I am going to discuss the manual method on how you can update a driver manually.
To update the driver manually you need to follow the steps mentioned below
- Press the Windows+R key to open RUN.
- Then type “devmgmt.msc” then hit enter.
- This will open the device manager window.
- Here you will see a bunch of options, out of these options you have to find the option called “Sound, video and game controllers”.
- Right-click on this and choose the “Update” option.
- Then your computer will automatically start updating the driver.
- Once the update is done, make sure to restart your computer to apply the changes that have just been made.
To update the driver automatically you need to follow the instructions mentioned below
- There are many different apps that will help you update each and every single faulty or outdated driver. Either all at once or one at a time.
- I would prefer two applications that I have used for the past couple of years, and they are absolutely reliable. The first one is “Bit Driver” and the second one is “Free Driver update”.
- You will have to install one of these applications.
- Open the application and then select the option called “Scan”.
- After scanning each and every driver on your computer, you will get a list of drivers that need to be updated.
- You can update one driver at a time or you can update all of them at a time. This is a very simple process and anyone without any prior knowledge of computers can do this very easily.
Solution 3: Rollback to older drivers
If you are experiencing this problem after recently updating your driver, then I think you should go back to the old version. Because sometimes a new version of driver updates had a lot of bugs in them and certain devices stopped working after updating the driver. If you want to downgrade to your previous software, then you need to follow the steps mentioned below.
To Downgrade to your previous driver, follow these steps
- Press the Windows+R key to open Run.
- Then type “devmgmt.msc” and then hit enter.
- The device manager window will appear and then you will have to search for the option called “Audio inputs and outputs”.
- Expand this category by clicking on it, and then find your device, which is “Logitech G930” and double click on it.
- Then a window will appear and on that window go to the driver tab and click on the rollback driver option.
- If the rollback driver option is faded or unavailable, then you will have to download an older version of that driver from Logitech’s official website.
Solution 4: Adjust the interval Time of Your Logitech G930 Gaming headset
If your gaming headset keeps connecting and disconnecting every 20 minutes. Then you should definitely adjust the interval time in order to get rid of this problem.
To adjust the interval time follow these steps mentioned below
- First, you have to close the Logitech gaming application.
- Now go to your C drive and open this particular path. Program Files-> Logitech Gaming Software-> Resources-> G930-> Manifest.
- Right-click on the manifest file and open this file on Notepad.
- After opening the file, you will have to locate a line where it says “Battery turn-off interval”. You will have to change the value from 900 to 0.
- After doing this press CTRL+S then close the file.
- You are good to go after this and this problem won’t be happening again.
Solution 5: Turn Off USB Selective Suspend Settings
Sometimes USB suspension issues may cause your Logitech gaming headset to malfunction. So turning it off may solve this issue that you are having with your gaming headset. If you want to resolve this issue, then you need to follow the instructions stated below.
To turn off the USB Selective suspension settings, you need to follow the steps
- Press the Windows key and click on the gear icon that will take you to settings.
- In settings, look at your left-hand side and you will see an option called “Power and sleep”.
- Then click on the option called “Additional settings”. You will find this option under related settings.
- Now click on the “Change plan settings” that will appear on your right-hand side.
- Then choose advanced power settings.
- Inside the next window that will appear, detect the USB settings and double click on it.
- There under the USB settings select the SUB selective Suspend Setting and click on the option called disable.
- Last but no the list click on apply and then it’s ok to get out of that window.
- This will resolve the issue that you are having with your gaming headset.
Solution 6: Turn off USB root HUB power management
The Logitech G930 is a USB wireless headset that is powered by the USB of your computer. If you want to turn off the USB HUB power management, then you need to follow the instructions mentioned below.
- Press the Windows Key+R to open Run.
- Then enter “devmgmt.msc” then hit the enter button.
- Expand the option called “Universal Serial Bus controller” and select the USB Root HUB -> Propoeties -> Power Management.
- Then after doing this Uncheck the option that says Allow the computer to turn off the device to save power.
- This will stop putting your device into power-saving mode and you won’t be facing this particular issue with your gaming headset.
I hope this article helps you with all your questions regarding your Logitech G930 Keeps Disconnecting and Reconnecting issues. If you have any further queries, then you can ask us and we will get back to you as soon as possible. If you want more articles like this, stay connected to our website. We post daily articles about anything and everything.