VLC Media Player is an open platform for playing multimedia files. This app is free to use. It can play DVDs, Audio files, CDs, and many more other files. It is 100% safe to download and use VLC Media Player. VLC Media Player provides you with an opportunity to have your DVDs and CDs on your phone. But before coming to VLC dark mode, let’s have more information about the Dark mode.
Nowadays, dark mode is used by many people. This concept of the dark mode is becoming famous day by day. It is often called ‘black mode’. The main purpose behind the concept of the dark mode is that it reduces the light emission by reducing the color contrast of the device. Dark mode is used by many graphic designers for their projects.
Many applications have introduced this facility in their features. This also gives an esthetic outlook to the device.
Currently, Google has also provided dark themes for its users. However, this feature is not available for Apple users. Android phones have access to this dark mode feature.
Reasons to select Dark Mode
There are also many reasons for choosing dark mode over the default white mode.
- Firstly, our phones emit blue light. This blue light reduces the depth of your sleep by increasing your alertness at night. But in dark modes, the emission of blue light lessens. This helps the user to have a comfortable sleep.
- Secondly, the longevity of your phone’s battery life is affected by this dark mode. Dark mode helps to reduce screen glare, and thereby, it helps to increase your battery life.
- Thirdly, using dark mode can keep your eyes healthy. According to many scientists, the light coming from the phone may affect the retina of your eyes badly. But when dark mode is set as the default option, your eyes remain safe from the light.
- Fourth, dark mode can reduce eye strain and headaches which are caused due to prolonged looking into the phone.
- Fifth, dark modes save energy for OLED and AMOLED display phones.
These were some of the reasons due to which dark mode has gone into full swing in the past few years.
Steps to enable VLC Media Dark Mode
The Dark Mode feature of VLC Media can be used for both smartphones and PCs. The steps to enable them on different devices differ from each other. These steps are very easy. Anyone can follow them to launch the dark mode effect in the app.
How to Enable VLC Media Dark Mode on your Smartphone
Following are the steps to get access to the dark mode –
- Search for the app section on the home screen of your Android phone.
- Down the list, there will be VLC media players. Click on the logo.
- The menu icon will be on the home screen. Select it. (menu icon = 3 horizontal bars)
- Select the Settings.
- Move down and you’ll find the extra settings option. Click on the interface from there.
- Now, you’ll see the DayNight mode option. Tap on it.
- There’ll be a pop-up menu. Tap on the black theme.
These steps will help you enable the dark theme of VLC Media on your phone. Enjoy the dark experience!
- Dark theme is allowed only in the Android versions. This feature can be accessed in iOS versions.
- Smartphones with Android 8 or above versions can enable the dark mode by turning on the system dark mode. They don’t have to turn on VLC Media Dark Mode separately.
- VLC DayNight mode allows you to switch between the day and night modes automatically.
How to enable VLC Media Dark Mode on your PC
Windows or Mac? Both of them allow you to use the Dark mode of the VLC Media Player. The default can be changed into a dark tone.
It should be noted that you need to download a dark theme like eDark VLC.vlt to enable Dark Mode.
The following steps should be followed to access the dark mode of VLC Media Player –
- Open the VLC media player on the Window or Mac whatever you have.
- On the menu bar, you’ll notice the tools option. Select it.
- From the next menu, click on preferences. This will lead you to the Simple Preferences window.
- Select interface situated at the top. Next, you’ll see the option – Use custom skin. Tap on it.
- You’ll be said to choose a location where the eDarkVlc.vlt file is located. Select your location.
- Untimely, select save and quit the page.
- Lastly, relaunch the media player.
These few steps will lead you to the dark mode of the VLC Media player. These steps are very easy to do.
If the steps consume your valuable time, you can use the system’s dark mode to enable this feature.
Disadvantages of Dark Mode
So far we’ve seen the pros of dark mode. But do you know that there are many cons of dark mode?
Let’s have a look at them.
Here is a list of some of the disadvantages of dark mode.
- Dark being the base and light as the coating doesn’t always benefit us. Reading long articles becomes difficult.
- The light scatters around each character. This creates pressure on the eyes.
- Dark mode doesn’t help in saving energy for Smartphones with older LCD screens.
- Dark mode can make your eyes fatigued.
These were some of the cons of Dark Mode. People should also know about this side of dark modes before enabling them.
Dark mode is not the default mode of any device. To enable it, the above steps should be followed. Users can turn on or off the dark as per requirement. But while using the dark mode one should know the advantages and disadvantages of the dark mode.
Also Read: Fix Eraser issues on Illustrator