Carrier Hub is an android app that has options of Voice over Wi-fi (Vo Wi-Fi) on devices having Sprint/T- Mobile network. It also helps in Sprint/T-Mobile’s Network engineering for service problems reported by the customer.
How to download the App?
This app sometimes comes pre-installed on your smartphones but if it’s not the case you keep getting notifications asking you to download the app. Then you can simply tap on it follow up. Sometimes users might find trouble downloading it and might keep getting notifications.
Permissions Carrier Hub may ask for
- Physical Activity
Some issues you might face while use Carrier Hub
In the Carrier Hub, you’ll find various issues or errors. We have mentioned some of the problems this app has as well as the solutions. So don’t forget to check this out.
1. High Data Consumption
Many users have complained about its high data consumption as it keeps running in the background and hence consumes comparatively more data than other apps.
2. Battery Draining
Another major issue people have faced after downloading or updating the app is that it quickly drains your battery.No specific data could be found on how the app impacts but issues that are brought up by the users should be taken into consideration.
3. Negative Performance
Many reports state the negative performances that the Carrier Hub app has caused. However, the most common issues faced were phone lagging and freezing.
What does MCM Client Requests are Processing mean?
MCM (Mobile Content Management) processing requests notifications have been a common issue for people having this app installed on their phones.
This notification is usually seen when restarting the device as it tries to connect to cell towers; after connecting however it disappears. But you will be constantly getting these notifications if you live in a place where the connections keep dropping.
But keep in mind you will still see the notifications if your T-Mobile Network is completely down for maintenance and you will not be able to use any text, calls or data services. If that’s the case you would want to reach out to T-Mobile for help.
Carrier Hub App Not Responding?
Crashing issues with Carrier Hub is not that common but can be annoying if it happens. There are various reasons why it might happen. To resolve this problem try clearing cache from Settings > Apps > Carrier hub > Storage > Clear Cache.
If this does not help then you can try force stopping the app or you can also factory reset your device.
Do you need the Carrier Hub App?
YES, you need the Carrier Hub app as it allows features like Voice over Wi-Fi(Vo Wi-Fi) and it helps in T-Mobile services. We would recommend leaving it as it is if the Carrier Hub app is working fine.
As some people think the Carrier Hub app is some kind of a virus or spyware but we can assure you that it’s not.
Can you Uninstall the Carrier Hub app?
Yes, you can. But some phones come with the app already pre-installed in them and as a result, you don’t get an option to uninstall it. However, you can use app remover or use Android Debug Bridge (ADB) which can help you access your phone and to remove the app.
How to disable the Carrier Hub App?
- First, Go to Settings.
- Tap on the Apps section.
- You’ll find the Ellipsis icon ( three vertical dots in the right corner), tap on it.
- Select System Apps.
- Find Carrier Hub and tap on it
- Lastly, tap on the disable option.
How to Uninstall the Carrier Hub app?
If you are tired of using the Carrier Hub app and want to uninstall the app, we’ve listed a few possible ways to Uninstall the app. So let’s check it out.
a) Using Android Debug Bridge (ADB)
Android Debug Bridge (ADB) is a tool that helps to get to the Unix shell which can be used to run commands and uninstall the Carrier Hub app from your Android phone permanently.
- First,you need to go to Settings > System > About phone.
- Now tap the build number 7 times in order to activate Developer Options.
- In your main settings menu, open Developer Options.
- Turn on USB debugging option.
- Now you’ll need to install ADB on your PC.
- After downloading it you need to extract the Zip file to a folder.
- Open the folder.
- Now press and hold the shift button and then right-click in the blank space.
- Click on “Open Powershell window here.”
- Enter adb device command.
- After that you’ll have to connect the PC that you’re using with the Android device with a cable.
Run the command adb shell pm uninstall –user 0 com. Sprint.ms.smf.services to uninstall the app.
b) Using App Remover
- First of all you need to get the System App Remover downloaded on your device.
- Open the app, search Carrier Hub.
- Select the box next to it.
- Click uninstall to completely remove the app.
Note: This requires root access to your device.
How to Stop the Carrier Hub App from Tracking the Data?
If you want to stop allowing this app from tracking your data such as the apps you use and how often you use those etc. Follow the steps below:
- First, go to your device Settings.
- Then search for the Usage Data Access option.
- Now find the Carrier Hub App and click on it.
- Turn off the Usage Data Access if it’s on.
So we’ve discussed everything about the Carrier Hub app, what it is and also addressed the issues faced by a lot of people. We hope this article was of some help to you.