In technology, a red light is never a good thing, so why is your PS4’s light red? Without the need for doubt, the red color is captivating, but you know something is wrong when your machine begins to display the red color when it comes to technology.
PS4 controller red light is a reasonably common issue, and PS4 console gamers frequently seek solutions to it. This guide focuses on the possible causes of your PS4 controller’s red light and various ways to fix it.
When the controller light turned red, you became concerned and had to look up the answer on the internet.
What does the Red Light on the PS4 Controller mean?
If your PS4 controller light turns red, it could mean one of these two things: either your PS4 controller hardware is broken, or the Controller’s function is fine, but a faulty USB port charger causes the Red Light on PS4 Controller.
Usually, PS4 controllers display various colors such as orange, blue, white, and so on; however, when it emits red light, it is clear that something must be incorrect.
Because your USB port or charger is broken, your PS4 Controller is red. If it still turns on with a red light after being repaired, it is a controller hardware problem. The ribbon inside your Controller may need to be replaced.
Some of us are wary of removing our controllers. Understandably, we are not attempting to harm anything; you know this because you damaged your Controller while trying to repair it.
During Gameplay, the PS4 Controller Red Light Bar
Sometimes in games, the light bar on the controller goes red to imply the health of your in-game personality, and the light bar goes red if you play NFS as the unauthorized street racer. When you die in a Killzone, some games turn the light bar Red, so it’s nothing to be concerned about.
When you’re the only player, and the control system still displays a red light, it may be because you are logged in as another user; changing the user will also change the light.
Press and hold the PS button on the controller to switch users, highlight “Power,” and then select “Switch User.” You can now select the user with whom you would like to play.
Here we have some suggestions which fix your problem and help you out in every manner.
How to Repair a PS4 Controller That Keeps Flashing (Red)?
There are several ways to repair a PS4 controller that keeps flashing, and you will need to purchase a replacement USB to determine if the problem is with the USB.
1. Replace your USB
- First you need to replace your dualshock 4 cable quickly.
- Then go and purchase a replacement cable for your Dualshock 4 or a working Android charging cable from your local store nearby.
- Now you should connect the USB cable to your Dualshock 4.
- If the light color changes to blue or orange, that would mean your controller is charging and the problem with the cables is finally resolved.
- Because USB cables can be fragile, replacing a USB cable is an easy way to troubleshoot your control system not going to charge.
2. Reset Your PS4
- Turn off your PS4 by holding down the power button for 10 seconds or by using the quick start menu.
- Remove the power cord from the back of the PS4.
- Wait 3-5 minutes before reconnecting the power cord and turning on the PS4.
- Connect your controller and USB charging cable to the controller and PS4.
- Turn it on by pressing the PlayStation button on the Dualshock 4.
Turning off the TV to give it some “rest” is good advice to follow from your parents or grandparents!
Turning it off and on again works more magically than you think! Sometimes a simple restart of the PlayStation 4 is all that is required, while other times your controller will not work due to a hardware issue.
3. Reset Your PlayStation 4 Controller
- Turn your controller over to find the reset button next to the top right screw.
- To push the button inside the hole, use an unfolded paper clip or a sim card opener.
- Keep the button pressed for 5 seconds.
- Reconnect your Dualshock 4 to the PS4 and check to see if it charges.
- Your controller, like your PS4, has its own software that can become corrupted; following the steps above will reset your controller to factory defaults and hopefully resolve your issue.
4. Safe Mode Start
- Start your PlayStation 4 in Safe Mode.
- Switch off your PS4.
- Hold down the power button for 10 seconds or until you hear two beeps.
- Now, connect your Dualshock 4 to your computer with the help of a USB cable.
- On your controller, press the PS button.
5. Try Replacing the Ribbon Cable and other Hardwares
If you still have the same issue after trying the above solutions, you may have to replace Ribbon Cable or other hardware. So here is a quick detailed guide for you.
✪ Ribbon Cable is Faulty
A faulty ribbon cable could be to blame for the red light on your PS4 controller. It denotes faulty hardware. If your controller’s ribbon cable fails, it will not charge and the battery will continue to drain. There are two options for resolving the ribbon cable issue;
- Cleaning the cable with alcohol would occasionally help.
- If cleaning does not help, replace the cable with a new one.
✪ Loose Battery and Port
Ascertain that the controller’s battery and port are properly connected.
✪ A Drained Battery not in Function
If your controller is old, the battery is most likely worn out, causing it to fail to hold a charge. You can get a new battery at a reasonable price, and if you know how to open a DS4 controller, you can easily open and replace it.
✪ Port has some Fault
If the controller’s USB charging port is faulty, it will behave exactly like a faulty ribbon cable. When plugged in, it will not charge and will display the low battery light.
6. Inspect your USB Port
Often, the USB port is the source of the problem. If it is not working properly , your PS4 controller will not charge appropriately and the low battery will cause it to blink red.
7. Repair PS4 Controller PC with a Red Light
If your controller has displayed a red light bar when connected to your PC, this is likely a sign of high latency, i.e., delay in the user’s action. When the latency exceeds 10ms, the controller flashes red. You have the option of turning off the red light alert on your PC, but this is not the best solution.
Instead, you should address the latency issue, try using a USB 2.0 Port, and ensure that no other signal repeaters interfere with the connection. If you cannot reduce the latency, we suggest that you use a cable connection when playing on a PC.
It should be noted that if your PS4 USB ports are not working and may have some fault, you will be unable to start your PS4 in the safe mode; however, entering safe mode has been shown to bypass a variety of controllers PS4 software issues.
If none of these steps work, you may have a broken controller; if you’re the guy or girl who knows your controller across the room when you lose, this is most likely the cause.
Is It Possible to Change the Color of the PS4 Controller?
To change the colour of a PS4 controller, change the user, as different PS4 profiles correspond to different colours. Blue is the first player, red is the second, green is the third, and yellow is the fourth. Sign it to another user without logging out to change the colour.
- Change the Color of the PS4 Controllers
- On your PlayStation 4, create four distinct profiles.
- Log in as one user and then switch to another without logging out
- Continue logging in and switching between users until you find the colour you like.
What do the different colours on the PS4 controller mean?
- Player 1 (Blue)
- Player 2 (Red)
- Player 3 (Green)
- 4th Player (Pink)
When playing specific games like Grand Theft Auto IV, RockStar makes the Dualshock 4 blink red and blue when chased by police! That’s great.
Hopefully, developers will take inspiration from RockStar’s light bar use and create interesting design choices with the Dualshock 5.
How do you change the colour of your PS4 Controller?
As previously stated, the different colours of the PS4 controller indicate the order of connection of the players. However, you can change the colour of your PS4 controller by following these steps below:
- To begin, you must create four distinct profiles on your PS4.
- Then, log in as one user and switch to another without logging out of this profile, so you have the desired colour.
- You can keep logging into other user profiles until you get the desired colour.
It is understandable to be concerned about your PS4 controller, especially if it has begun flashing red, which is usually not a good sign.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?